Monday, September 17, 2007

John T. Lord

Today I attended the memorial service of John T. Lord. John is the father of Chris Lord, who is married to my wife's sister. The song Chris wrote for his dad had me in tears the entire time. Chris' song was a perfect tribute to his dad and the God he is know worshiping, awaiting God's next great movement in history.

Ever since he passed away last Wednesday at Lake Powell I've been racking my brain to remember the first time I met John. I was in 6th grade. Chris was in 5th grade. We were in the Wizard of Oz. I was the Wizard. Chris was the Lion. We were in our dressing room (a handicap bathroom). I heard a fierce knock on the door and the words, "Is there a lion in there?" Chris and I giggled. He opened the door and said, "Go get 'em boys!"

Today John's brother-in-law said something of him I will never forget. "I did not admire John's religion, but I admired the way he practiced his religion."

What a first day back in the office.

0 comments: