Saturday, January 19, 2008

A student's faith in college

The Denver Post ran a great article in December while I was on vacation about a student that attended our church in middle school before he left Colorado to attend Shattuck-St. Mary's in Minnesota to play hockey. He's currently playing hockey at the University of Denver. Tyler Ruegsegger "goes on faith" the article boasts. I love the title of the article.


I am excited to share this article with our students in a couple of weeks when we get to the message about having an uncompromising integrity in our walk with God, which will be the final message in our series "Ordinary 2 Extraordinary."

6 comments:

Tim said...

That's awesome to see him continuing in his faith in a strong way. He was a solid guy in Jr. High and it's encouraging to see him remain solid in college as an athlete.

Dan Luebcke said...

Tim, were you a leader while he was in the group? I can't remember!

Tim said...

Yeah! I even ran into him at a concert when he was a freshman I think. Might have still been when he was in Jr. High, but that was the last time I saw him.

Kristen said...

It's so encouraging to see a former student truly living out his faith and making a difference! Go DU!

Anonymous said...

I work in the field of Hockey and rarely do you hear a player giving glory to God for his gifts and talents. Tyler is a light in the darkness! I pray he will reach fellow team mates and kids who look up to great players like Tyler. He is setting an awesome example, my son really thinks he's awesome, I thank God for Tyler!!

Dan Luebcke said...

Thanks for dropping a line on this blog about your son looking up to Tyler! It's great to know that Tyler's uncompromising integrity is being used by God to bring to Himself!