Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
1. Where are you now?
2. Where are you going?
Friday, March 20, 2009
This phrase has captured my heart this year, "fruit that will last." I'm wrestling with what a student ministry should look like that produces "fruit that will last." I keep coming back to what the foundation for doing student ministry is - The Great Commandment and the The Great Commission. If I don't start here, I don't think I'll make it. Everyday I wake up I am thinking about graduating students who possess a Great Commandment Heart and desire to live a Great Commission Life.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
"for zeal for your house consumes me.."
David's words ignite a fire in my soul to be passionate, not about my own ministry, but HIS house. I want to be a leader who is consumed with the perspective that Jesus issued to Peter when he said to him, "Upon you, I will build my church."
It's his house, not my ministry. I am not building my ministry, Jesus is.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Malcolm Gladwell spoke at TEDS and offers an interesting window for us to look into to evaluate youth ministry.
What can youth ministry learn from spaghetti sauce?
- My students don't always know what they want.
- What's extra chunky?
- Are we asking the right questions?
- Who's stepping into your student ministry to help you think?
- There are universals for student ministry - Great Commandment, Great Commission, Acts 2:42-47.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Of church or chapel bell.
I want to run a rescue shop
Within a yard of hell.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
1. Worship is about God; it is not about us.
2. Worship is a relationship and lifestyle before it is a Sunday activity.
3. Worship has both content and emotion.
4. Public worship is personal but it is not private.
5. Worship requires variety to give it the richness God deserves
How can these five suggestions enrich and deepen your thinking and implementation of worship in your student ministry?
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
How would this schedule change the way you do student ministry?
QUALITY vs quantity, UX process.
Check email ONLY:
Send any time
Set email to check every 3 hours.
NO email on evenings.
NO email on weekends.
EMERGENCY? = Use phone.
FOCUS 1-3 Activities max/day
LOG 1-3 Succinct status bullets every day on team wiki
OUT by 5:30PM