Thursday, March 19, 2009

What consumes you in youth ministry?

This morning I have been reflecting on Psalm 69:9 and what consumes me as I serve as a student ministry pastor,

"for zeal for your house consumes me.."

David's words ignite a fire in my soul to be passionate, not about my own ministry, but HIS house. I want to be a leader who is consumed with the perspective that Jesus issued to Peter when he said to him, "Upon you, I will build my church."

It's his house, not my ministry. I am not building my ministry, Jesus is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes me think about "Kingdom of God culture" from YM 3.0. Great thought for my morning. Thanks.

Dan Luebcke said...

Yes, I really like that emphasis in that book...I think all too often we are consumed with the great challenge of this being our job and Jesus building it...it's his kingdom.

Anonymous said...

I've been coming back to this passage over the last two weeks. I've also been reading in Isaiah 1:10-17. Makes one wonder what impact a combination of a kingdom perspective and the support of the local church (SGC) could have in these days. - Steve Tonkin