Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Thinking about worship

Several years ago my senior pastor encouraged me to think about worship in these five ways:

1. Worship is about God; it is not about us.
2. Worship is a relationship and lifestyle before it is a Sunday activity.
3. Worship has both content and emotion.
4. Public worship is personal but it is not private.
5. Worship requires variety to give it the richness God deserves

How can these five suggestions enrich and deepen your thinking and implementation of worship in your student ministry?

4 comments:

Ant said...

love this list. I think of #1 especially when people complain about song choice, style, etc.

Thanks for posting this.

Dan Luebcke said...

HEY!

Your are welcome...like you I agree with number one. It's been a simple yet profound reminder for me when I am with our students to make sure they know it's about God and not about them.

MarieMusicademy said...

I really liked this list. We'd like to include it in our monthly round up of worship blogs at www.musicademy.com/blog if that's OK

Dan Luebcke said...

Hey Cathy, you bet. I posted the questions of my pastor, Dr. Jerry Nelson, Southern Gables Church, Littleton, Colorado. THANKS!