Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Reculturing youth ministry and life

Recently I have been consumed with this idea of reculturing. What does it mean to reculture a student ministry in the context of the local church? For that matter, my life, marriage and parenting have been included in my thoughts.

“In his book Leading in a Culture of Change (Jossey-Bass, 2001), Fullan notes that reculturing ‘does not mean adopting innovations one after another; it does mean producing the capacity to seek, critically assess, and selectively incorporate new ideas and practices.’” - I came back to this quote this morning in my friend Chris' book, A New Kind of Youth Ministry.

Therefore, I am asking these questions.

1. What am I seeking?
2. When was the last time I sat down and took a critical assessment?
3. What are the new ideas and practices that will help me get to what I am seeking?

0 comments: