Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who or what is the subject of your youth ministry?

"I would propose that the subject of the ministry of this house, as long as this platform shall stand, and as long as this house shall be frequented by worshippers, shall be the person of Jesus Christ...if I am asked to say what is my creed, I think I must reply: "It is Jesus Christ...I would pin and bind myself for ever, God helping me, [with] Christ Jesus, who is the sum and substance of the gospel; who is in himself all theology, the incarnation of every precious truth, the all-glorious personal embodiment of the way, the truth, and the life."" - Some Spurgeon's first words at the new Metropolitan Tabernacle in London.

Today I am thinking about who is the subject of our youth ministry. What is my creed? If an outsider walked into our group would they know that Jesus is the sum and substance of our student ministry?

0 comments: