Monday, November 23, 2009

I am at my wits' end and it's a good thing

"When we are at our wits' end for an answer, then the Holy Spirit can give us an answer. But how can He give us an answer when we are still well supplied with all sorts of answers of our own?" -Karl Barth

This quote from my friend Shane stopped me in my tracks this morning. I see this quote being lived out in my life, the lives of others and our church as a whole. I want to be a part of a community of people who embrace a "wits' end" look at life because that will lead to a community of people who are finding answers in God and not in man.

2 comments:

Krista said...

hey dan, just caught up a little on your blog. thanks for sharing... challenging stuff. kind of in my own pattern of waiting on God, but know that is a good thing. i hope i can quiet my soul enough to really listen. last 2 weeks of the semester=> christmas => wedding!
hope things are well with you,
krista

Dan Luebcke said...

HEY KRISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR WORK DONE...and then CELEBRATE GIRL!!! I am so excited for your wedding! :) WOOHOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see some pics on FB!