Tuesday, July 18, 2006

An Unrepentant Youth Pastor

I think this should be my new title at the church after hearing Sunday’s sermon. All I can say is that Pastor Nelson “BROUGHT IT!” It was the second sermon in our summer series on Great Prayers in the Bible. He preached on Ezra’s confession in chapter 9. I was deeply moved at several points during the sermon and realized how little TRUE repentance plays a role in my life as Christ-follower. Here’s one quote he used to describe repentance and faith being two sides of the same coin,

“Repentance and Faith are twin graces, both implicitly contained in the gift of the new heart; and they cannot but co-exist…Repentance feels the disease, faith embraces the remedy.” Robert Dabney

I realized I have been living a lot without feeling the disease and only embracing the remedy.

0 comments: