Friday, August 18, 2006

Practicing Greatness

Fritz gave me this book in Minnesota two weeks ago and I finished it yesterday. McNeal suggests that there are seven key disciplines that make up extraordinary spiritual leaders:

1. Self-awareness, 2. Self-management, 3. Self-development, 4. Mission, 5. Decision-making, 6. Belonging 7. Aloneness.

On the whole, I didn't take much away from this read. Although, the chapter that spoke most to my heart is the need to practice being alone, but this isn't anything new to me or anyone who knows me well. I realized that I need to plan being alone in my calendar or it's never going to happen.

I'll keep this book because I can forsee that in the future I'll need reminders from all of the chapters about what I should be practicing as I lead.

0 comments: