Sunday, June 03, 2007

Welcome Class of 2011

Today we welcome the Class of 2011 into our spiritual community of high school students. Actually, we started last night. Our seniors hosted the freshmen and did a great job! We ate some tremendous food and played crazy, made up on the spot games with hula hoops (ring the youth pastor, etc...). They also managed a game of Ultimate Frisbee in the dark at the park. Then came the set up. Our seniors brought the freshmen to my house to teepee it but I was ready. Julie was filming from across the street. Jon the Canadian was on one side of my house and I was on the other. My neighbors Andy and Chris got in on the fun too. We let them go for about a minute and the we all blasted them with hoses! The seniors also had water balloons that they were launching at them! It was awesome. The best part of the night is that I didn't clean up the mess. The freshmen did! Upon waking up this morning and walking outside to my car I noticed that they need to hone their cleaning skills!

So I officially want to welcome the Class of 2011 to our spiritual community of high school students! My hope and prayer for you is that by being part of our community you will bear the fruit of what Paul prayed for the Ephesians in 3:14-21,

"14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

This is my prayer for you Class of 2011!

0 comments: