Thursday, September 11, 2008

What training did you lack?

Today I am sitting through a presentation from Peacemaker Ministries at our annual fall summit for the Rocky Mountain District. Our presenter is talking about the nature of conflict right now.

He's presenting these facts:
1. Thousands of Christians leave the church due to unresolved conflict.
2. 35.5% divorce rater in the church matches that of the world.
3. Christians spend multiple millions of dollars annually suing one another.
4. 40% of pastors experience "serious conflict" as least once a month.
5. 1,500 pastors quit every month due to conflict and burnout.

He makes this statement, "When asked what training was most lacking in Seminary or Bible college most pastors answered - CONFLICT MANAGEMENT."

I am curious, what training did you lack in your Seminary or Bible college? The first thing I think of is how to make and manage a budget. I had no clue what I was doing. Some would say I still don't!

0 comments: