Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Coffee House

On Wednesday we closed out our fall schedule with our annual Christmas Coffee House and Talent Show! We gave away tons of prizes. We ate lots of cookies. We drank tremendous coffee and we had outstanding talent. Matt's Math Dance took the cake! In addition, we talked about the birth of Jesus and talked about how his birth was "The Gift of Death." To close our time Brianne tried to put into words how much a relationship with Jesus means to her and then we played I Celebrate the Day by Relient K.

What blew me away was the number of students I didn't know. I found myself overwhelmed with the number of them as I wanted to sit down with each of them and their friend from our group who brought them and hear their story. I love meeting students in our community who don't go to church. I am so excited to follow up this week with our students to see what's going on in the lives of their friends so we can be praying that the Word they heard on Wednesday won't return void. I can't wait to encourage our students to move towards having a Reaping conversation with those friends they have been Cultivating and Planting with all semester.
It's so exciting to see our students falling in love with God and loving others!

2 comments:

To live is Christ and to die is gain! said...

Hey Dan,
I so enjoyed the christmas coffee house!! I think it was great! I do have a couple questions for you...what do you think we as students could be doing to continually reach those kids who heard the gospel, are there any specific questions that you can think of? I have a couple friends who are wrestling with the idea of God as a whole and I would like a couple questions just to trigger there brain? Thanks
Brianne

Kristen said...

I thought about you all on Wednesday. Sad to miss this great event for the first time ever! I am SO excited to hear that students are bringing their friends, and this event is moving towards the ultimate purpose of bringing kids to Christ! miss you all!