Friday, July 27, 2007

Week One

Reflections on week one:

- Getting ready to leave on our vacation in one day felt like it took a week.
- Driving across the country with Julie is awesome.
- Getting a sabbatical as a student ministry pastor is a HUGE BLESSING!
- iPod video with every song I own...priceless.
- iPod video with kids favorite episodes of their favorite cartoon shows...even more priceless.
- iPod video connected into minivan DVD player playing those shows...even even more priceless.
- The Olson's car top carrier is huge!
- I am so thankful for my leaders at home who are standing the gap while I am gone.
- Bringing the bikes and scooters along have allowed the boys to play all day.
- Loved watching Noah take batting practice from Spencer Absher.
- Josiah playing croquet was priceless.
- Adah hates sleeping in the minivan and wants to eat the entire time.
- Salina, Kansas Days Inn - The indoor pool was 62 degrees.
- Disconnecting from Southern Gables - had to answer a few questions but truly felt like I spent most of the week not thinking about what I was missing.
- Getting the prayer email - I am getting the weekly prayer email for our ministry and I love it.
- McDonald's - Each kid got a free happy meal gift certificate for their birthday!
- Culver's - so good!
- Buying Harry Potter - Julie and Jen went to Walmart at 12:01 a.m.
- Charlie's Chicago style pizza - simply amazing.
- Miles - somewhere around 1,300.
- Chuch at Northwoods Community Church - My kids loved it and Julie and I enjoyed seeing another church and experiencing worship with the Dean's.
- It was great to see Craig and his kids and hear about what's going on with the Harvest Students.
- Corn in Illinois - I thought there was a lot of corn in Kansas...NOPE! Everywhere we went there was corn in Illinois.

1 comments:

Seth Hanson said...

Great to read your comments on the beginnings of your trip. I weep for your time in Kansas. I pray it was brief. I look forward to seeing you up this way. I love you and your family. May God use this time in a powerful way as you strive to glorify God with your life.