Thursday, February 07, 2008

Community alive student ministry

I want to be part of a student ministry that is community alive, not superficially connected. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 "We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." Psalm 133:1 " 1 How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!"

I want to be part of a student ministry that is utterly consumed with being a place where you are known. I want stop walking around on Wednesdays and Sundays thinking about who didn't show up and start being with those who did. I want our students to know that they are loved, not just to the point of our leaders only sharing the gospel, but the the point that they will share their lives as well. I want our student ministry to be a place where students can present their wounded selves and still be loved. I want to stop with the superficial, shallow greetings, and move to deep conversations that bridge today with eternity. I want our students to dream with me and our leaders about what it means to be fully alive in community. When they graduate I want them to remember that you didn't have to be perfect to be a part of our community. The ground at the foot of the cross is level.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan, as I read the 1 Thess. verse I thought, "I need to read 1 Thessalonians again!" So I did, and I read it with NEW eyes - WOW.

Dan Luebcke said...

Awesome! Great stuff. Thanks for being a part of our team!!!!!!!!