Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Truth hungry student ministry

This week I'd like to look at Dr. Larry Crabb's four points in the context of student ministry. I want to be part of a student ministry that is truth hungry, not experience dependent. Proverbs 7:2 "Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye." Psalm 119:20 "My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times."

I want to be part of a student ministry that is utterly consumed with being hungry for God's Word. I want our students when they graduate to remember that I always taught them Bible, not topics. I want our students to remember that their small group leaders always pointed them to the Word of God when they came to crossroads in their lives. I want to lead a student ministry that is always communicating to our students that they should infinitely depend more on what God says in His Word than what they experience of Him.

I want students graduating believing that the Word of God, if kept, will produce life. I want the apple of their eyes to be God's Truth. I want students to see in me, my leaders, and our ministry programming that our student ministry is consumed with a longing for the Word of God at all times.

0 comments: