Thursday, August 28, 2008

How kids learn?

I came across this article again on how kids learn a couple of years ago and pulled it up again this week. The author suggests that kids learn:

by listening
by seeing
with their bodies

It's been fun to watch my kids this week and figure out which of these is their primary style and which are secondary. What's more, I am excited to incorporate these three styles of learning as a part of my teaching practice, as I get ready to teach the Minor Prophets this fall.

2 comments:

ypjim said...

Good stuff Dan. We actually practiced that at camp this summer. We read the narratrive in the morning. Then the students went out to reflect on the narrattive for 30 minutes of solitude. Then they discussed it with a small group of students for about 45 minutes. Later in the day, we provided "experiences" in relationship to the narrative - something the students had to do with their bodies. I am excited to see how you help create your own learning experiences in the youth group setting.

Dan Luebcke said...

hey bro,

thanks for the feedback on how you've used this in your ministry at Youthfront. Great stuff...I'll get you what I am doing and would love your feedback!