Saturday, December 01, 2007

College students on Christmas break

I love Christmas break! We take a few weeks off from meeting on Wednesdays (still meet every Sunday) which allows me time to catch up with our college students when they're home! Most of our grads move out of Littleton. I emailed them last week (the ones that haven't changed their email addresses) and told them to look me up when they're home. Several of them emailed me back and I can't wait to hear their stories. It's important for our students to know that we're still thinking about them and praying for them even though they aren't a physical part of our community.

Fuller's Center for Youth and Family Ministry has a good article with some great thoughts about what kind of questions could be asked as you, or your leaders meet with your sheep who have moved on. Thanks to Kara, Cheryl and Brad for your work.

You Make the Call: What College Freshmen Need to Hear from their Youth Pastors

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read that article yesterday and then followed it up with a nice long IM with a freshman who it turned out had just had a boy break up with her and needed to talk! I love how God knows exactly what hes doing!

Dan Luebcke said...

Hey bro, thanks for sharing your story. See you tomorrow in Summit County!