Monday, August 08, 2005

The Headline After I Die


I am always intrigued with what people write and say about people after they die. This week the news will be writing about Peter Jennings, who passed away from smoking to many cigs. As I was reading about what he meant to our country I found it very interesting what Jonathan Alter, a Newsweek columnist titled his article, "What We've Lost - Peter Jennings used his power to make sure we learned about international news that mattered."

I wonder what the headline for my life will read? I'm pretty sure I am not going to be in Newsweek. So I wonder, what will my wife lose? What will my kids lose? What will my friends lose? What will the story of my life communicate to everyone about what mattered most to me? What we will those close to me learn about what was most important to me?

No offense to Peter or Mr. Alter, but I don't want to be remembered for the use of my power to make a name for myself. I want to be remembered as an individual that lived and promoted the glory of Christ as revealed in His Word and make a name for HIM! Jesus prayed, "Hallowed be YOUR NAME!"

What's more, I don't want anyone to feel like there is a loss. I want there to be great rejoicing that one day we will all be united together where there will be no more tears, or pain, or crying! I want to live eternally here because I was created to live like it forever!

1 comments:

charlesdean2 said...

I can think of some headlines for ya, but I don't know that they're fit to print!

You're a good man! (no matter what Julie says!)