Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Velvet Elvis

I finished reading this book over Labor Day weekend in Vail, Co. Our family had a great time in what has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world!

This book is soooo intriguing. Just one thing for now. I love this idea of repainting the Christian faith. I love how he invites us into the story of God. I love how he encourages people, including all the followers of Jesus, to contribute to the discussion of what it means to follow the way of Jesus. I love that he doesn't throw out the history, but embraces it and then looks for opportunities to ask what is God saying through this text to us in our present day.

I want to invite the people in my life to join the discussion so they own their faith. I want to invite people to open the Bible and pray that God would open the eyes of their heart to see Him revealed on the pages of the greatest book ever written.

More to come from this book as I reflect!

0 comments: