Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yearn for the vast and endless sea....

I have to read this book as part of my commitment to my denomination as the district rep for the rocky mountain region for student ministries. We are meeting in Minnesota later this month and are going to discuss what we find in this book.

Here's what I found...in just the introduction. The author quotes Antoine de Saint-Exupery in the introduction to make a point. I believe this quote makes a HUGE point, or should I say "POINTS!"

Here it is, "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." Here is a link to some other quotes - Exupery

Whoa! What does this mean personally? For my family? For my ministry? For the church? Oh to be a man who in his life and ministry who longs for the vast and endless love of God and points others to it! I want to build a boat that takes me, my family and my community there! Imagine how big the boat would have to be if I first started taking to people about joining me in the sea and then getting on the boat!

Way more to ponder with this quote!

0 comments: