Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The five dysfunctions of a team

A HUGE thanks goes out to my PAL Charlie for getting me to read this book! I know I am behind the curve, but hey, I am dysfunctional! All I can say is “Bless you my child!” I absolutely loved reading this book and I can’t wait to start implementing the principles I learned in this book with my student ministry team and pastoral staff team. I want to start being part of great teams in our church!

The five dysfunctions are:

Absence of trust
Fear of conflict
Lack of commitment
Avoidance of accountability
Inattention to results

I’ll post some thoughts as I start working through this with my teams, but here’s the big take away for me: To start functioning right we’ve got to find out where we are dysfunctional. And getting everyone on the team to start identifying the dysfunctions isn’t going to be easy! I am ready to roll up my sleeves! I am excited to take the test and start working! If you’ve read the book, share your biggies that I shouldn’t miss and what helped your team. If you don’t have this book click HERE and buy it NOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you liked "Five Dysfunctions" you should check out his newest book "Silos, Politics and Turf Wars." He talks about how different departments never work together and comes up with a solution for these turf wars.

Dan Luebcke said...

Great call bro!!!! I've got it sitting on my desk right now and once I get done preaching in "Big Church" this week I'm am going to devour it! Hope all is well at FBC!