Friday, October 20, 2006

Networking in youth ministry

Yesterday I met with men from our community as a network of youthworkers! I can't express the joy that filled my heart - seeing the pastor of students in our community making it a point in their schedules to connect with each other. We had two great conversations around what see happening in our community as it relates to youth ministry and what it looks like to teach the Word with passion. I am excited about the men God has brought to our community to reach students with the GOSPEL!

Networking is a must among youth workers as it is our role to model for the students in our community that we are going to live together forever so we might as well start acting like it here and put away any sense of competition!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are trying to start this up in Lander. Here's my question. The other youth leaders seem to mostly want to plan mega-events. I don't mind the occasional all together times, but how do we uphold one another and encourage each other in our individual ministries? How do I help the other leaders see the importance of this? Oh, and they are all volunteer youth leaders, I'm the only paid one among the lot of us. Yeah for early morning meetings!

Dan Luebcke said...

Hey Jesse! I hope things are going well up there in WYOMING! Great to hear from you. First, keep doing the big events that serve the ministries...I'd get rid of the ones that are an event for the event sake! Second, you nailed the early morning meeting time...you pick up the donuts, make the coffee and get the orange juice. Third, figure out a way to encourage them with something from the Word, hear their stories of ministry, pray together and then I'd find something that you could give them that they could use in their ministry that next week, or semester. I'd also get and email network started and whenever you read something of value pass it on! Dude, your an inspiration up there...just some thoughts to stir the pot!