Monday, March 26, 2007

Coaching debut


I am gearing up for my big coaching debut tonight. I am coaching Noah's U6 soccer team. I've read through my coaching manual and I'm as ready as I can be. The only other team I coached was the church basketball team in 1994. I had a great center playing for me in that church, the great Chris Lord! I figure a youth pastor is a perfect fit for being a U6 soccer coach. You have to yell, be loud, run around, play games with soccer balls, talk to kids who don't listen to you, eat oranges at halftime, and walk to your car after the game with a snack and a drink! So this is why I went to seminary! The games we are playing tonight: Defrost, Knockout, Sharks and Minnows and a short scrimmage.

2 comments:

Dabuhd said...

Remember that time I went up and dunked over that guy? Yeah, me neither. I only remember that time I got two inches of air and felt like I was flying.

Dan Luebcke said...

The Great Chris L. You were such an inspiration bro. I think it was only an inch!