Saturday, April 07, 2007

Adoration in i2i groups

I spent some great time yesterday with Jen. Jen is an i2i leader on Wednesdays and leads our high school worship team. She's done a great job this year taking over for Kristen who led the team forever before she moved to Colorado City. In the midst of our time yesterday we planned out the fall and we are going to do something different in our implementation of adoration as a foundation for our ministry. Instead of meeting in a large group for our adoration time from 7:30-8 every week, we are going to shift two weeks into our i2i groups. This will allow those groups to practice adoring God together in a more intimate setting as they meet around the church.

I am really excited to add this strategy as we equip our students about what it means to adore God. I am so grateful to be part of this team of leaders who challenge me to think about new strategies to accomplish our goal of helping students become faithful followers of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

Great idea! Keep them coming! :)muy

Kristen said...

I'm excited to hear how this goes! Always great changes! Let me know what it looks like, once you start.

Dan Luebcke said...

Thanks Alice!

I'll keep you posted Kristen!

Have a great time in Colorado City for your first Easter Services!