Sunday, April 01, 2007

Movement in lives

This past week I spent a bunch of time meeting with our high school students while they were on Spring Break. I thoroughly enjoy getting the chance to sit down over some coffee and listen to what's going on. I got three surprises this week. I met with the three of our former high school students who are in college and falling in love with Jesus. When they walked the halls of our church they weren't in love with Jesus. I don't even think they were in love with the idea of Jesus.

Not true today! All three of these men are seeking to follow God's call on their lives and it got me fired up! I was reminded of this verse from Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:6,

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow."

God isn't done with our students when they graduate. After these conversations I am reminded that I have been called to faithfully and strategically plant seeds in the lives of our students under my care, pray for others to water the seeds and PRAISE God for the growth!

0 comments: