Monday, April 23, 2007

Baptism in student ministry

On Sunday I got the privilege of baptizing 8 students during our second service. It was so humbling to stand in that water. What a Sunday! After the service I heard from young and old about how encouraged they were in their own faith by witnessing the baptism of our students. The comments and the emails are pouring in today!

I am so grateful that we don't have a "student only" baptism service on Wednesday night or some other night of the week. I am glad that young and old, in the context of our corporate worship services, get the chance to witness the power of the gospel working in the lives of our students.

We need more and more student ministries choosing to make the baptism of their students a part of the corporate worship in the church.

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I wish I was there to witness this wonderful event! God is doing something great in 180. Hang on for a ride that you would never think was possible!

Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Anonymous said...

Dude...Sunday was AWESOME!!!!!!
Praise be to God for these young people committing their lives to Jesus and the church corporate!