Friday, February 09, 2007

PRD

I am finally doing it! I've been encouraged for over 10 years to start taking a PRD - Personal Retreat Day. Hey, it's never to late to start doing what is right. I will be heading up to my dad's condo in Winter Park and spending at least 7 hours alone before I head up to Snow Mountain Ranch tonight where I get the privilege to speak to a group of jr. high students from Coloraodo Springs!

Here's what I am thinking is going to make for a great 1st personal retreat day.

1. The drive to Winter Park! The sun. The snow on the mountains. Listening to Daughtry.
2. Evaluating January.
3. Looking at February.
4. Finalizing Farch/April/May Calendar.
5. Read parts of - Presence Centered Youth Ministry, and War of Words.
6. Read the Word.
7. Pray for my leaders.
8. Look over my DDS - Description of a Discipled Student - Are we accomplishing anything?
9. Read Kenda Creasy Dean's article, "Somebody Save Me: Passion, Salvation and the Smallville Effect. I'll blog on this next week!
10. Praying through the messages I will be speaking this weekend!

I can't wait!

0 comments: