Sunday, February 25, 2007

Senior study & Planting in my kids

I just ushered out 6 seniors from my house who stayed 2 hours after our official "ending time." We are in our 2nd week of our 8 week Senior Study which is at my house. My heart is so full of joy. Doing this study has reminded me about why I am in student ministry, discipling students. I love studying theology with them. I love having half of them stay around for 2 hours extra hours in my family room talking about worship, their families, college, and "whatever else comes up." Tonight we spent a ton of time dealing with Christology. We read from of The Imitation of Christ, we talked about the Hypostatic Union and the Kenosis, laughed and ate together. It was awesome to see them wrestling with how their Christology is going to affect the way they choose to live in College.

The best part about this study is that it is at my house. Julie and my kids get to be here. I love serving with my wife. I love having my kids around. We broke open the Bible tonight and immediately the boys wanted their new Bibles they got for Christmas. It was so cool to see them WANTING to participate. I looked down and they were thumbing through the pages as we were pouring over the passages dealing with the Hypostatic Union. At one point, while Hannah was speaking, Noah put his Bible down and leaned forward and was listening to her. My kids are watching. I'm glad they are. It's overwhelming for me tonight to think that in some small way the Class of 2007 is going to be part of my son's spiritual heritage. Sure they are young, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to have a seed planted in the hearts of my children.

0 comments: