Sunday, October 02, 2005

David Crowder Band - A Collision

I picked up this cd this week and I haven't stopped listening to it! I really like the unique sound this band cranks out!!

The song on this album that has captured my heart this week is "Come and Listen." I used this song for a time of reflection this morning after we studied the 1 Kings 17:17-24.

I can imagine the widow in this narrative singing this song to her son after she witnessed the power of God raising him from death to life. We know she believed in Yahweh, but I could see her singing this song softly under her breath as she held her son.

Here are some of the lyrics:

"Come and listen, Come and Listen to what He's done...what He's done for me, what He's done for you, what He's done for us."

I can imagine her singing this song the rest of her life! It's true, God has done so much for me, for you and for all of us. And when life starts getting hard, when we experience death, disappointment, hurt...you name it...we need to hear this ballad whispered in our ears so it touches our heart.

We need to remember that He has done so much for us, namely, that He sent His one and only Son to pay for our sin and conquer death. This means that I can handle anything on earth because in the end, what God has for me is going to provide me with an eternal residence where there is no more tears!

So as I journey towards home, I want to be allowed to come and listen to what He's done for you!

0 comments: