Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My High School Baseball Coach - Senior Year

Whoa! My heart is broken today.

I was watching the news last night and my baseball coach who started coaching our team my senior year in high school pleaded guilty to sexually assualting a teenager at the school he was coaching.

I just about fell out of the bed! The article is here. Apparently he was a basketball coach when this happened.

His sentencing is December 20th. He faces 2 years to life in prison!

I really liked this guy. In fact, I caught up with him about 4 years ago at a basketball game and we talked extensively about life, faith and relationships. Coach D was always a guy I thanked God for putting in my life during my senior year as he allowed me to be the person to pray for our team before the games and when we had meals together.

But what about this teenage girl? There is a young lady who will never be able to say that about Coach D. He stole so much from this young girl. Man this breaks my heart today. She will live forever with this picture of a man in a position of trust breaking that trust. I don't know the whole story, nor do I care to!

It's interesting to note that Coach D has been single all these years.

I think I might try to make his hearing.

1 comments:

charlesdean2 said...

You just got me all excited when you mentioned going to his sentencing! What a cool opportunity to communicate to Coach D that God even loves pedophiles!

You Rock!