Tuesday, September 05, 2006

If Tiger Woods needs a coach...

Then so do I and so don’t we all! I was watching Tiger’s interview yesterday after he won AGAIN and he talked about calling his coach, Hank, the night before to get some pointers. That is awesome. Tiger wants to be coached. Tiger wants to be the best. Tiger has a coach. Tiger listens to his coach. Part of Tiger’s success is his humility. The humility to admit to himself that there is always room for improvement!

I want a coach. I don’t have a coach. I want a coach who will watch me swing. I want a coach to tell me where I can improve my swing, especially the top because I can’t see it! I want to be coached. I need a coach. Why can’t I find one? I know I can’t afford one like Tiger can. I didn’t clean up almost a million this weekend working at SGC so I can’t really afford to pay someone to be my coach.

I’m 31. I’ve been in my church for 11 years doing youth ministry. I want to grow. I want a coach. There’s no one in sight. I can’t think of anybody to even ask. I don’t want to stop learning. I haven’t arrived. I love my job. I want to get better, but I need a coach. I want someone to point out the areas where they believe pride is robbing me of growth. I want someone to point out where I can grow as a leader of leaders. I want someone to critique my speaking and tell me where I can improve. I want somone to encourage me when things go well. I want someone who is committed to me being all that God has created me. I want someone committed to interceding before me. I want someone to fight for my soul.

I am willing to admit failure because I want to grow. If Tiger Woods needs a coach then so do I!

0 comments: