Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I am not anything

1 Corinthians 3: 6-7 "6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

I am not anything.

Christ is everything.

In my ministry...I often take credit for planting, watering and growth - EVERYTHING. Oh I'll tell you God causes the growth...but at the end of the day...somewhere deep inside me I want to believe that it was up to me. It was a great message. Saying the right prayer. Getting all visitors contacted. Motivating leaders. Having a great relationship with my senior pastor. Serving on a national level in our denomination. Spin here. Spin there. Smiling when I am hurting. Laughing when I should be crying. Being loud and crazy when I should be quiet and motionless.

I want to be a part of a student ministry that strategically plants and waters...then sits back watches God grow a mustard seed, 10, 30, 50, 100 of them.

I want to start saying, "But only God!"

2 comments:

Pat R said...

Some of life's lessons are harder to learn than others. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being real! We all have our junk. I love you. Your doing a great job.