Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Jesus Storybook Bible

My friend Seth pointed me to Sally Lloyd-Jones' book The Jesus Storybook Bible. What caught my attention was the subtitle, "Every story whispers HIS name."

This book is described as "...containing forty-six Bible stories from creation to Revelation with beautiful, rich and vibrant artwork, The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to join in the greatest of all adventures and discover for themselves that Jesus is at the center of God's great story of salvation - and at the center of their story, too."

My kids LOVE THIS BOOK! I LOVE THIS BOOK! BUY THIS BOOK! The artwork is amazing, but what's more amazing is how each story ends with us talking about how the story of our lives intersects with the story of God and our need for Jesus as Saving LORD.

Here's a thought, and I am serious, this might just be a perfect thing for our teenagers to walk through to grasp the story of God in a small group setting. I can imagine sitting down, reading a story every week and having an amazing conversation about where we heard His name whispered. Thank you for writing this book Sally Lloyd Jones!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, you're speaking my language. I'm going to have to check it out!

Dan Luebcke said...

Bro, it's awesome. You won't be disappointed...trust me! If you are, I won't refund your money!

Kristen said...

hmm, we've been thinking about something like this since April 10... I think we will check it out for our group too!

Dan Luebcke said...

Kristen, please let me know what you think of the book and if you plan to use it. If you use it, let me know how it goes!