Thursday, May 29, 2008

I must get home first

I am reading through The Godbearing Life again and it's really resonating with me, like it did 9 nine years ago. I am so thankful for this book and it's a must read by every student ministry pastor and volunteer who serves in a local church. Heck, I think our parents should read this!

I am realizing more and more that one of the "best practices" I can do in my student ministry is to continually sink my teeth into the truth that I am a child of God, that my identity is in the person and work of Jesus Christ. I like how Kenda Creasy Dean said it, "If Godbearing ministry is to lead youth home to their identity as favored ones of God, then as Godbearers we have to get home to our identity in the cross of Christ first."

I must get home first.

2 comments:

ypjim said...

I think you are becoming a Kenda Creasy Dean stalker. ;)

Dan Luebcke said...

shhhhhhhhhh.....love you bro! Read this book!