Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm sick of it!

I am so sick and tired of getting emails that use this word, "Hype." Why, why do people who are spamming student ministry pastors across this land continue to believe that I got hired to "hype" up students to follow Jesus? Every email has the word "hype" in the subject line or somewhere in bold caps in the email. AHHH!

I got hired to call students to this truth in Mark 8:34-35 "Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.'"

There is no hype in Jesus' call. And there will be no hype in my ministry.

1 comments:

Seth Hanson said...

Seriously, love it, man. Thanks so much for these words. I appreciate you holding tight to the truth. The cross is heavy, but who is building disciples without first counting the cost. Nice work, brother. I appreciate you.