Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Better than any preaching

"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching." - St. Francis of Assisi

"I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Weak point...pound pulpit." - Scott Wenig quoting someone during my time at Denver Seminary

This week I step into the pulpit of our church after 54 weeks to preach in our series on James. Every time I get the chance to preach I always remember these quotes that I heard at some point in Seminary. I don't know if I should be encouraged or call in sick!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

be sure you pound the pulpit a lot! sorry I will miss it!

Anonymous said...

Will Murph be in the back row taking notes? He'll make sure you don't forget the "Big Idea."

Dan Luebcke said...

Kristen,

I've been practicing. If I break our pulpit it will cause quite a racket...it's so HUGE!

Dan Luebcke said...

Erik,

Bro, That would slay me to see Murph in the back...for that reason and a few more, I'll start me sermon in the back!