Friday, January 26, 2007

Be Real Winter Retreat

Today we leave for our Winter Retreat! Our theme is Be Real. I can't wait to connect with the 13 other churches that are attending. I can't wait to eat Doritos at 1:00 a.m. I can't wait to hear Dave Runyon speak and be led into the presence of God by 519. Most importantly, I can't wait to see spiritual movement in the lives of our students. I can't wait for them to take off their masks! I can't wait to see some students come out of hiding. I can't wait to follow up this retreat in February in our small groups and Sunday mornings. This is my 12th retreat since I started working at Southern Gables Church and I am more fired up than I have ever been to care for our students! This is just one small step we are taking as we help our students become faithful followers of Jesus Christ!

3 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

wish my kids could be there to be a part of it. I'll be praying, too.

Kristen said...

I can't wait to see everyone from SGC - miss you all so much!