Saturday, January 20, 2007

Student Ministry is like this iceberg

Our programs are the tip of the iceberg. They wouldn't be possible with out the mass of ice below it. I wonder what our youth ministries look like below the surface of the water?

I wonder how deep they go? I wonder how compelling they are? I wonder how many youth pastors are more in love with God than the number of students who came on Sunday morning or on a Wednesday night?


I wonder how many youth pastors pray through their roster? I wonder how many youth pastors are loving God's Word and communing with Jesus?

The tip may be beautiful, but it's only the tip. The real beauty is what is seen below. Imagine a student ministry that consistently called students to dive off the tip of the iceberg under the surface to find something they wouldn't believe was there unless they saw with their own eyes.

0 comments: