Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A great tool to use with seniors

This morning Scot McKnight posted on something he did with his class, Women, Mary and Jesus, out of the book by William Webb, Slaves, Women, and Homosexuals, that I think would be a GREAT exercise to do with graduating seniors HERE! I am going to use this during my senior study this spring. Here's a quote from his blog,

"We read these verses [39] and I asked the students to “vote” for each verse: A, B, or C. That is, “A” means “universal and transcultural,” and “B” means “Christians don’t agree” and “C” means “Cultural and not for Christians today.”

Here's why I like this exercise. After voting we will discuss the votes for C as a group and it will help me see where individual thinking patterns and the group thinking patterns are, if any, as to what the redemptive trend is on some of these that lack clarity! I can't wait.

Thanks Scot!

0 comments: