Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First time in church...Eyes Wide OPEN

I had an experience on Sunday morning that grabbed my heart and literally brought a tear to my eye later in the day as I was driving to DIA to fly down here to New Orleans. We had a fresh face in the crowd on Sunday. They never go to church. They didn’t grow up in the church. Sunday wasn’t a routine for them. Their parents didn't bring them. They came with their friend who attends our gathering times on Sunday mornings. At one point in my message I noticed they were sitting forward in their chair listening to the Word of God being read out of Isaiah 40:12-31. It was their first time in church...their EYES were WIDE OPEN!

Two observations, among several that brought water to my eyes later in the day. First, it was so exciting to know that the Word of God was being planted in a soul that never goes to church. Student ministry must be saturated in the Word! Second, I want more of that in our student ministry. I want more of our students choosing to lose themselves for Christ in their schools and inviting their friends who never go to church to attend our gatherings. The Word of God doesn’t return void and this week I’ve been praying that those seeds from Isaiah will take root their heart!

0 comments: