Thursday, January 25, 2007

Teaching students to HATE

Scot McKnight dealt with a verse that I love to use in student ministry today HERE in his reflections on Psalm 119. The verse is Psalm 119:104,

"I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path."

It's not just about making sure our students get on the right path - behavior modification. Part of getting on the right path is having the Word of God so saturated into their day that it causes a decision to HATE the wrong path and not go down it. So here's to infusing the word HATRED into our student ministries?! Here's to infusing the Word of God at every juncture we have with students. Here's to our students remembering that we always pointed them to the word of God and not our opinions.

When I find myself liking the wrong path, and even going down it, there is a clear absence in my life of gaining understanding from God's Word throughout the day! Picture - thebrickstatement.com

0 comments: