Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Death of Bopi

Last night was the first time as a dad I got to watch my sons deal with death. Their cousin's Bopi, John T. Lord, passed away in Lake Powell last Wednesday. After we read our Bible story we started talking about Bopi and then prayed for him.

Noah's thoughts - If he's in heaven, how come his body is in Colorado? What's a soul? I wish I was a superhero so I could of swam out in the water and saved him. As he was praying, "God thanks for taking his soul with you and leaving us his body."

Josiah thoughts- Makai's Bopi is in heaven with Jesus. He drowned in the lake. Maybe a shark got him. Maybe a swordfish. I liked Bopi. As he was praying, "Jesus, thanks for being in heaven for us and Bopi."

I read Psalm 90:12 this morning, "12 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I am starting to count.

0 comments: