Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hi!

My daughter reminded of something that I need to start practicing more around our students and all the people in our church. Saying, "Hi!" Every time I come home the first thing out of her mouth is "Hi!" It's not an informal greeting, rather it's spoken out of a smile and a sparkle in her eye. When I see her smile and hear that word I truly feel welcomed home. Not to mention she's adorable! Sometimes she will say, "Hi daddy!" She knows who I am!

I've forgotten the power of a smile and saying the simple word "Hi" to someone. Every time a student walks through that door from the parking lot to our spiritual community I want to create a culture where there's an expectation that there is going to be someone there who will be smiling saying, "Hi!" And if we know their name, letting that be the second word they hear, so they know we know who they are.

4 comments:

Pat R said...

Great picture of your daughter! She's growing up so fast.

Dan Luebcke said...

Thanks Pat! We love having her around!

Anonymous said...

Pat,

Your beautiful daughter took that picture of Adah...isn't she great at taking pictures!

Julie

Pat R said...

Julie,

I wondered if perhaps Jen had taken the photo. I heard she was doing another photo shoot with you guys. I would love to see more of the photos. Maybe she'll put some on her web album, with your permission of course. :-)

Pat