Monday, October 08, 2007

Eagle Scout Ceremony

Yesterday I got the privilege to pray at the beginning and end of the Eagle Scout Ceremony of one of our students and two of his fellow scouts. It was an awesome ceremony. Harrison's (right) project was to build a garden at Chatfield State Park.

The one thing that stuck out to me throughout the entire ceremony was the community that was in the room. Everyone knew everyone. Stories were told of each young man and everyone laughed like they knew that would have been true of them.

I want to be a part of a high school ministry of students and parents that know each other that well. I want to be at the Senior Salute every May and have that same kind of community.

1 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I was thinking . . . "I wonder what smart alike comment Dan L. will make when he sees the picture." Really! I think I am going to use it as one of my prayer card photos though. :)