Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Relaional Youth Minsitry

Andy Root has a great MP3 on Princeton's new Cloud of Witnesses: An Audio Journal on Youth, Church, and Culture. It's free. I am sharing this with my high school leaders tonight. He has some very important things to say about how to make relationships the priority in our ministries. In addition, he clearly explains how many of us in the past have given lip service to the fact that we are relationally driven in our ministries, only using relationships as the instrument to get students to our events. His four hallmarks of a healthy theologically grounded practice of relational of ministry with youth is worth discussing with your leaders. I can't wait for tonight's discussion.

Check out the MP3 here.

2 comments:

ypjim said...

Andy had a three hour breakout session on this very subject at The 2006 Princeton Youth Ministry Theological Forum - and it was fantastic. I hope you get to attend the 2007 forum.

Dan Luebcke said...

Jim boy!

Please email me your notes! We had a good discussion last night on the mp3! As of right now, I am going!