Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Gates vs. Jobs

The Presentation Zen has a great post on what we can learn from the presentations of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. It's really fascinating to see the difference. I want to present more like Jobs.

At the end of the article he makes this statement, "If your ideas matter, then the presentation matters, right?"

For student ministry leaders the answer is YES! For me it's YES! I am back in the saddle this week after not having prepared a message since July 1st. The ideas I am presenting from the first installment of our study of church history matter. This challenges me to consider not just what ideas I am going to present, but how I am going to present them. This is especially true when it comes to using PowerPoint slides, audio and video. Hey, it's one more thing to do to get ready, but I truly believe that this is a skill more of us should develop. Subscribe to the Presentation Zen's blog today to keep getting encouragement and skills to help you further this skill!

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

Have you watched Jobs present? It is incredible! Here is a sample, if you have not:
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/sep/s83522y/m_63827621b_650_ref.mov

It is amazing how easy he makes everything look and how well he keeps everyone watching and guessing!

Alice

Sarah said...

Yes, the dog party was a joke--it was just lots of fun to have friends & neighbors over. :) We don't have kids, so we still have time for this kind of fun stuff!