Monday, October 15, 2007

A kick in the pants

This past week I realized something about my teaching. It needs a kick in the pants. After being gone from fulfilling this role and having stepped back into it, I realize I am rusty. I need a kick in the pants! So, I have these three books on my desk and I am going to devour them in the next two weeks.

Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
by Chip Heath and Dan Heath

The Big Idea: Focus the Message-multiply the Impact by Dave Ferguson

Speaking to Teenagers: How to Think About, Create, & Deliver Effective Messages by Doug Fields and Duffy Robbins

Anyone read any of these?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, Glad to see that you are reading The Big Idea. I heard Rob Wegner do a great talk at the Innovate 07 Conference at Granger Community Church within the last month. It is available for viewing online. He talks a lot about Made To Stick and The Big Idea. Check it out. Dave

Dan Luebcke said...

Hey Dave, thanks for the encouragement. Checked it out. Great stuff! I love Duct Tape! Looking forward to interacting with your book! Thanks for the heads up!