Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Aslan, Humility & The Birth of Jesus

This week I have been reading quite a few blogs as people have now seen the movie. It seems several think Aslan was somehow not as powerful or majestic as he should have been. He wasn't triumphant. That somehow He appeared weak and an insignificant part of the story.

For me, this is not true. I thought the movie did a great job of showing the humility and humanity of Aslan. He was the King, but he was also humble, gentle, possessing qualities just like us!

As I prepare my heart for Christmas I found the movie's portrayal of Aslan to be quite refreshing and extremely beneficial to getting my heart focused on the humanity of Jesus. Too often we only want to see His power and deity and we forget that our Aslan was 100% human. I am grateful for the movie's portrayal of Aslan in this way. I think they did a great job of showing Him to be the King and yet gave us the understanding that He was human, just like us!

0 comments: