Monday, December 26, 2005

Tsunami...One Year Later

Today marks the one year anniversary of one of the most deadliest natural disasters in human history. Well over 230,000 people died and 1.8 million people were left homeless.

My heart, my mind, and my prayers are for those who are still recovering. I have kept this picture on my desktop since it happened to remind me of the devastation and to remember these people in my prayers.

I read a short letter a few days after by John Piper "Tsunami, Sovereignty, and Mercy" that gave me some perspective. Then he wrote something in October, " Suffering and the Sovereignty of God" that challenged my thinking as it relates to the events of 9/11, the tsunami, and Katrina. Mainly, is there an absolute Truth that can help me process these horrible evils? YES!

0 comments: